OK, so I tried to externalise Sandro’s enemy taunts to .edts, but I went berserk and here are the results:
- Enemies will randomly choose their taunt from an enitre pool of applicable ones.
- All taunts can be stored in TableData/EnemyTaunts.xml.
- any taunt can be specified to be usable in only certain situations (can be in several),
- any taunt can be used only by enemy with specified properties – attitude, gender, class, health, etc.
- any taunt can be used against character with specified properties – attitude, gender, class, health, etc.
- any taunt can be used by enemies only if specific fact is set, or if certain game progress is achieved,
- attitude – to differentiate between enemies and keep some kind of continuity in their quotes, I divided their quotes depending on their attitude: aggressive = blood-thirsty, brave = arrogant, cunning = snarky, defensive = level-headed. Of course, generic taunts will be used by all types of enemies, while others can be used by some of them.
- specified enemy profile – now it should be possible to add exclusive quotes to specific enemy profiles (more individuality),
- specified target merc profile – taunts will be used only against specified merc.
- milita vs enemies – milita taunts enemies, enemies taunt milita too (unless taunt is limited to certain class). Because why not?
Currently, I added all previously hard-coded taunts to .xml and added “some” new ones. There should be around 300 unique taunts at the moment. Limit is currently set to 2048. Should solve the problem of taunts repeating too often…
What is still needed: