As it was requested a few times, and offers a few new reasonable possibilities, I made a new addition to the code. It is now possible to apply items to other persons. It works pretty easy: Put the item in the hand of a merc, rightclick and then hover with your mouse over another person, and leftclick to apply. Just like mining/picking up items etc..
This works with:
- canteens (not non-canteen like food items)
- gasmasks (if no gasmask is worn)(if no slot is free, one item is dropped).
- bombs (really. With remote detonators and everything transform )
Other items would be possible too, but I have to check this on a case-to-case basis. I will however not allow reloading, as that would be an obvious exploit.
One can apply items to anybody. This includes the enemy. Against hostiles there is a chance to fail – the chance depends on:
- exp levels
- stealth trait (new trait system only)
- out target’ alert status
- and most important of all, the weight of an item.
Sneaking up behind someone and injecting a syringe into him is relatively easy (poison drug, anyone?). Running headlong into the enemy and trying to put a claymore into his pockets is relatively hard.